Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kitchen Ramblings



When I started these "Kitchen Ramblings" of mine I said I would share the good and the bad. This breadlike cake tastes wonderful don't get me wrong. But I did forget an ingredient that would have made it more of a cake probably than "breaklike". I was very busy and distracted when I up and decided to bake this cake (please keep that in mind). Can you guess which ingredient I forgot? Post your guesses and I'll let you know soon.




Jamaica Cake


2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 bananas, peeled and diced
3 eggs
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together sugar, vegetable oil, pecans, flour, and bananas in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Stir in the eggs, pineapple (with juice), vanilla, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well. Do not mash the bananas.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna say eggs but how could you forget to but in 3 eggs hummm...so my second guess is baking powder.

Anonymous said...

Oh and can you put the recipe for that super yummy cheesy potato cassrole dish you made like 3 Thanksgivings ago?!?!Please...Thank you!