Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kitchen Ramblings


I've decided that I will share my adventures in the kitchen with you all... Good Luck! I thoroughly enjoy cooking for all of my loved ones and I am very excited to let you in on my experiments (the good and the bad) haha.






When Greg and I first got hitched my family consistently teased me and him about my cooking abilities. They claimed that he would starve to death, eat nothing but hamburger helper, and so on and so forth.




By the grace of God I have proved them wrong! As you can tell we are not starving, and in the process I've discovered something I'm pretty good at :) So I don't exactly know what these Kitchen Ramblings will turn into but it should be interesting.



Chicken Dijon

4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts

1/3 cup dijon mustard

1/3 cup mayo

1 tbls italian seasonings

2 tbls sour cream

2 tsps white vinegar

1 cup bread crumbs (original or seasoned)

2 tbls olive oil

salt & pepper

1/3 cup parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine mustard, mayo, italian seasonings, sour cream, and vinegar in medium bowl. Combine bread crumbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper in medium baking dish. Coat chicken breast with mustard/mayo mixture well. Then coat chicken with bread crumbs in the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes then remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese on chicken. Bake until cheese is melted and serve warm.


ENJOY!

This dish is super easy and fast! Feel free to post any questions you have about the recipe... I hope I typed it out right. I'll get better at this with time :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be trying each and every recipe you put on here. I'm always looking for something new to cook. Maybe I'll put some up and we can swap! My Family all mentioned I must be a good cook b/c Ethan has filled out since the last time they saw him hahaha..He thinks its an insalt to him I think its a complaiment! =)

The Gossmanns said...

Can't wait to try this one out! The last chicken recipes you've given me have been total winners, so I know this one will be absolutely smashing.

Love yoU!!!!

MikeandCharlsie said...

Colleen,
Found you through the Gossmanns blog. Just wanted to say hello and find out how you are doing! Adom is getting so big. He is certainly a cutie!

Tom Richards, aka OldWeirdDad said...

Take my word for it - this girl is a good cook! Makes great guacamole. Amanda said Ethan is "filling out" a little (I noticed that too). Be careful, Greg, that you don't start filling out like your brother.