Friday, October 3, 2008

Kitchen Ramblings



This is my new favorite "special" recipe.

I say "special" because it was fabulous! It tasted like something you would order at a really nice restaurant.

I'll also include the side dish that I made to go with it because it went really well with the chicken!


Cayenne Chicken w/ Pecans & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup chopped pecans, divided in half
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tbls. butter
2 cups milk, heated
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped or julienned
Mix 1/2 cup chopped pecans, flour, cayenne & pepper in gallon ziploc bag. Dredge chicken breasts in mixture. Heat 2 tbls. butter & 1/8 cup olive oil in deep, wide skillet. On med/high heat, brown breasts on both sides. Remove to paper towel & keep warm in oven.
Reduce hear to medium, add remaining pecans, and sun-dried tomatoes until heated through. Stir in 1-2 tbls. of dredging mix. Slowly pour in milk to make gravy of desired consistency. Return chicken breasts to pan, spoon sauce over & serve warm.
Roasted Fall Veggies
1 whole yellow onion sliced
1 head of cauliflower seperated
1 large sweet potato cubed
2 tbls. olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large pyrex baking dish combine sliced onion, cauliflower, and cubed sweet potato. Drizzle olive oil, salt, & pepper over vegetables toss to coat. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 min. Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 until nicely roasted and onions are really soft and potatoes are tender. (I tossed in a little bit of italian seasoning with the olive oil as well).
ENJOY and let me know if you try these out!

3 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Yumm the veggie recipe looks so good! I will have to try it. Also I will try to e-mail you my Rhubarb Pie recipe soon.

Tom Richards, aka OldWeirdDad said...

Ooooweee! That looks really good! I want you to fix that one for me.

MikeandCharlsie said...

Here is the link to the recipe I used for the rhubarb pie. It was super easy and so yummy! I am really into strong flavors so it hit the spot. I also used a "no roll" pie crust recipe to make it easy, and I even did it with whole wheat flour and it turned out great. The top crust was a little tricky with the no roll aspect but it worked out ok nonetheless. Let me know if you give this a whirl!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fresh-Rhubarb-Pie/Detail.aspx