Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Home Again"

So here we are "Home Again" I say that in quotes because I'm still working on seeing Fort Worth as our home.

I'm trying I really am.

I'm sure any of you that have been through this similar transition know what I'm talking about, it takes time.

I'm just trusting in God that He will help me to see this place as home and not constantly want to be back in Kerrville.

Anyways, enough about that.

Our trip to Kerrville was a whirlwind, I feel like I didn't get to see or visit hardly anyone, sorry. But the trip was much needed and I'm so so so glad that I was there for my Daddy.

The knee replacement surgery turned out to be a much bigger deal than we had anticipated and he needed my help a lot while I was there. I am so happy to report that he is doing great! He is well on the road to recovery and the pain is pretty much not there!

I am so grateful for my family, Verna and my mom kept Adom for me a lot while we were there. I ended up having to stay the night at the hospital a few times and I don't know what I would have done without these wonderful women. Thank you both soooo much! I can't even express in words how thankful I am!

So we're back and it's always hard getting back into the swing of things but we'll get there. I didn't take one single picture the entire time I was there. I know shame shame! I think Verna did get a couple of pics and I think Greg got a few with Adom and PopPop at the computer haha! I'll try to get my hands on those, but like I said it was a whirlwind trip and I'm so glad we were able to go.

Now I'm going to go collapse on the couch with my son and my coffee and try to get my bearings again! God Bless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear he is doing good!!

Mike and Amber Murphy said...

I'm so glad your Dad is doing well. I was praying for you both. I am so super excited to see you guys this weekend!