Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kitchen Ramblings


It's been a while since I've posted any recipes...
I've tried a few new ones that I'm really excited to share with everyone.

The first I can't take any credit for whatsoever.

I got the recipe from one of my favorite bloggers who is Kristi's (my SIL) friend. Her blog is Blue Yonder and it's great you should definitely check it out! Thanks Stefani for the recipe! I think she actually got it from a friend as well :)


Cinnamon Cookies

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

cinnamon sugar

Directions:
In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla.

Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.

Add to butter mixture.

Blend well.

Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.

Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter.

Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.

Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.

Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.

These cookies were amazing! They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside... the taste reminds me a lot of cinnamon toast that my mom would make me when I was a kid on cool autumn mornings! ENJOY!

3 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. I have recently been in the baking mode due to the "fall weather". My most recent venture was a rhubarb pie...

annie's mom said...

are these kinda crackled on top? I have this recipe, but it's called "snickerdoodles"...and you're right they are YUMM-O! Since Brandt can't do dairy, do you think I could sub the butter for crisco (yeah, I know terrible for the arteries...) but baking is just not the same anymore.

Tom Richards, aka OldWeirdDad said...

We are going to Austin tomorrow for a tour of some home gardens with Mark and Beth. Verna made up the dough for these cookies tonight and is going to bake them in the morning so we can have them with our coffee. Oooowee! That's gonna be good!