Monday, September 15, 2008

When I think of Home...




I think of my Aunts and Uncles.















Specifically my Aunt Pat Pat and Uncle Whimpy and Aunt Peggy and Uncle Jay. I don't think I have one good memory from my childhood that doesn't involve one of these wonderful people.






Yes I grew up in Camp Wood but when I think of home I think of Leakey. I spent so many weekends and summers here running barefoot through sprinklers and feeding baby goats with Dr. Pepper bottles :) Aunt Pat Pat would wake me up in the morning and bring me coffee (milk with a little drop of coffee) in bed. Then for dinner she would make me Rice-a-roni and brownies.




Ah, those were the days!




My Aunt Pat Pat and Uncle Whimpy ( I called him Uncle Whoopy) raised goats and so everytime a momma goat would leave her baby I got to feed it and name it. I still remember every single one of those goats!




That being said, I love taking Adom there now. So thats what we did last Sunday we drove to Leakey. We went to church with Aunt Pat Pat that morning then went back to the house for pot roast and mashed taters and macaroni salad :) Then Adom's cousin Sydney came over to play with him and he sat on the porch and talked to Uncle Whoopy for a very long time! haha!




It was so nice we had such a nice visit. I still feel like a little girl when I'm at their house, and I love it!










When I think of the country I think of dirt roads,














And cattle guards,




rusted machinery in fields,










water sprinklers and clothes lines,









And of course the Frio River!


















1 comment:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Wow what wonderful childhood memories! Thank for sharing them. It looks like you and Adom had a wonderful, family filled weekend. What a blessing that you get to pass on your traditions to your little one.