Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering


I remember the look of panic and terror on my high school spanish teachers face.
She wheeled a T.V. into our classroom and turned it on as plane #2 hit.
I was a sophmore in high school and I know it didn't affect me then like it would affect me now.

I now understand why parents rushed to the school to take their children home. I understand why they let school out early. And now I understand why my parents wanted me to be home and with them so badly that night.
Since that dreadful day 7 years ago I find myself more and more affected by it as I get older. Especially now that I am a parent myself.

God Bless the brave people that risked their lives for other lives that day, God Bless the families that lost loved ones my prayers are with you all.

No comments: