Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Dreaded Pea


Ah, the dreaded pea... you shall surrender to it's power!

After Adom and I got back from Kerrville we started THE FOOD WAR!
I was sick and tired of having to make seperate dinners for Adom everynight when I was making such nutritious and yummy dinners for Greg and I. Not to mention it was quite a strain on our budget having to shop for seperate groceries for him.


So it was hard....

really hard.

He is a very strong willed child and I knew this task was not going to be an easy one. But I had to keep reminding myself that I know whats best for him he doesn't.

So after a couple of days of whining and fits and screaming ( I could continue with this)...

He broke!

He is now eating things that he would never have touched before! Before he wouldn't eat many fruits, but now hes eating raspberries, grapes, apples, bananas, peaches, pears, and so on and so on. Hes also eating vegetables!


Hallelujah praise the Lord!


He loves Peas, who knew?!


All that said the War is far from over, we've just won a few battles.


To those of you who gave me so much support through all of this (you know who you are) THANK YOU!

2 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Good for you, I too got sick of feeding the kids different food(this was a few years ago) and said no more being picky! Now we all eat the same foods. It makes life so much easier doesn't it!
Way to go, MOMMY knows best.

annie's mom said...

YOU ROCK!!! What a great mom you are! I also had this battle with Annie around age 3, and again now from time to time...I always resolved I WILL NOT BE A SHORT ORDER COOK!!!! They won't starve...I promise.
Hang tough!