Friday, February 27, 2009

A Proud Moment Indeed



Alright, this was bound to happen sooner or later so I'm going to get it over with.

Collective Soul.

No this is not some spiritual metaphor... it is the most awesomest (yes I said awesomest) band... to me (and Greg).

This band actually brought Greg and I together (well them and God).

We had mutual friends and one evening while chatting the subject came up about music and I mentioned Collective Soul. Ryan gasped. "You like Collective Soul?!"

Little did I know the next day Ryan and April had started planning our arranged marriage. See Greg is equally obsessed with this band. Almost.

It started in the 5th grade for me, this obsession. It allowed me to skip all the teeny bopper stuff. Puke.

One of the best days of my life was when Greg called me up from work one afternoon right after our 2nd anniversary and said, "guess who's gonna be at Stubb's BBQ in Austin?" I said, "what's a Stubbs?" he said, "thats not the point," anyways long story short... Collective Soul.

I think I may have screamed into the phone all I remember is waking up on th
e floor in our carport. not really. How pathetic would that me? haha *nervous laugh*.

It was so freakin' cool. It was a small audience so we were right up close to them. I had waited since the 5th grade for this moment. This band had a huge par
t in defining who I am today. Seriously.

And that night I felt like I was in the 5th grade all over again. I was a silly giggly girl who couldn't stop dancing like an idiot... and I totally couldn't have cared less.

Okay so to the point of my story... :)


The other day while listening the above mentioned band in the car I hear Adom in the back seat SINGING ALONG!

I couldn't have been a prouder momma.

Greg also beamed with pride when I shared the wonderful news with him later that day.

If you've never heard any of their music... that makes me very sad indeed.

No comments: