Thursday, February 19, 2009

10 Minutes or less (sort of)



Lately my favorite blogs have been decorating blogs... what with the new house and all. By far my favorite one is The Nester! She is so incredibly creative and she does it on my kind of budget (She's a Dave Ramsey gal too).

I don't have any before photos but it was just a blank wall before. This took a little more than 10 minutes, just because I had to buy the scrap paper and take the time to get up to date pictures in all the frames as well. Plus, having a 2 1/2 yr old boy "helping" me with hanging stuff on the wall is always such a time saver!

It looks kind of blah against the white background... but that'll soon change! This wall will soon be Tobacco Road (The Nester's favorite color by the way).

All of the picture frames were ones I already had. I went to Hobby Lobby earlier this week and bought various black and white scrapbooking paper to add umph to pictures. The plates on the wall were all Goodwill finds!

This is just the beginning of the wall... I will definitely be adding splashes of color in as well. *hint* Orange you glad I did this? heehee!

15 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks fabulous, a great beginning like you said- the red will really make it pop.

trish said...

Your wall looks great! Love your touches!! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Unknown said...

That looks great. I love the idea of using scrapbook paper behind the photos.

CMB said...

Your wall is great...I love this look but have been too lazy to figure it out in my own house!

MikeandCharlsie said...

Love the wall, it is really cute. I am amazed that you are into the decorating phase already!!! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Your photo wall looks wonderful! I love how you used scrapbook paper in some of the frames.

Amber B. said...

Looks great. I love photo walls! And I have a 2 1/2 year old son, too. I think for us, it's a 30-45 minute makeover. :-)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great wall! I have the hardest time making picture arrangements. Yours looks great. It will be so beautiful with the tobacco road paint too!

Looks wonderful!

Jen

Cari said...

that's gorgeous! Good job! And neat ideas!

Jan D-M said...

Decided to leave a comment for two reasons: 1)Your picture wall looks great and will be even better when you paint and 2)my husband and I have been Dave R fans for two years and we have also taught the class. We love the impact it has had on the lives around us--we keep giving the book as gifts and it is LOVED.

I also loved your post on the Spirit of Poverty.

Jan

Jodi said...

I so want to do a wall like that - great job!

Anonymous said...

Since you have a nice huge house to decorate you should go to Kirkland's that is my favorite store. They are inexpenisive.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

So nice! I definatly need to add a bunch of frames to this one wall I have. Maybe I outa take a few minutes to go do that...hmm....

The Nester said...

OH, they look great and will look even BETTER on Tobacco road!

Mike and Amber Murphy said...

That looks so great!! I clicked on the link and checked out The Nester and totally fell in love!! I have read every word and every link and totally wasted...well, not wasted...spent my whole day on there! I like how her philosophy on not waiting to love your home. As someone still in apartment living I often say "when I have a house..." WHY WAIT! Thanks for sharing!!