Sunday, January 4, 2009

Seriously?

Alright people... it just hit me. Just now. It's 2009!


2009... as in flying cars, people living on the moon, drinking Tang!


At least that's what I thought of when I was a kid and someone mentioned the year 2009.

Okay, so a new year. Hmmm...


Perhaps I should share what I remember about 2008.

  • Greg got a job in Fort Worth

  • We moved to Fort Worth (actually Arlington but who cares right?)

  • We found an awesome home church

  • I lost weight (but who cares)

  • Adom turned 2!

  • Our good friends Ryan and Marissa had their precious baby Emery

  • A lot of homesickness (is that a word?) on my part.

  • A Growing relationship with the Lord

  • Started looking into buying a home
  • I remembered why I hate living in apartments
  • I accepted a transcription job that I can do from home
Okay so I remember a lot more but those are the things that come to mind right away. It was a very busy year. As all years have been since Greg and I were married.

So in 2009 I'm thinking that we will buy that house I mentioned in my previous post. I'm totally psyched by the way. It's a whole house bigger than our house that we owned in kerrville!

I think I'm destined to wander the rooms of my future home haunted by color choices and fabric swatches... muahahaha!

*That was a good evil laugh, in case you were wondering*

Rambling...Rambling... ahem so anyways.

Back to 2009, I don't know what's gonna happen this year but I'm looking forward to it. As my wonderful Aunt Peggy says quite frequently, "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!" Sorry menfolk.

I shall leave you with a few pictures of our soon to be family abode.












4 comments:

~kristi said...

I did notice you lost weight over the holidays, was just so wrapped up in my pathetic self forgot to say something - no excuse, sorry!

annie's mom said...

WOW you new house is HUGE!!! how cool! have fun filling it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new house!!! Of course, I think I could tell more about it in person if I come up with Verna sometime....hee! It looks ginormous! Large yard...giant utility room...I like the brick...it has a great fireplace...it honestly reminds me of the house I grew up in!You are going to have a great time making this place your own! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I love your new home! Since I'm currently not working, I have been watching a LOT of HGTV! If you need some help with ideas, I have about 4 already! Love You!