Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cedar Choppin' to Window Shoppin'

Most of you that read this blog know that I was raised in the country. Middle of nowhere blessed Texas Hill Country ranches to be exact. In the past few months though I've realized that people that stop by my blog don't know anything about me.... they just see cute pics of my family (which is great)!



I'm starting a new thang... I mean thing. Just hang in there (here) with me.




This is the Nueces River. This is where I grew up.



The mountain (ahem...hill) is where we would turn off the highway to go to the ranch that my Daddy ran. It was a beautiful ranch. 4 guest houses, 1 dance pavillion w/commercial kitchen, 3 man made fishing ponds, stables w/ numerous horses, gravel runway for private planes, helicopter pad.... This was not your typical 100 acre ranch. More like thousands of acres.



There were many other ranches that we lived on...more about those some other time.





This is where I live now. Fort Worth. Theres a difference. A big dad-blasted (my favorite new word) city. It's growing on me though. Especially now that we're going to own a home in this whoppin' metroplex.







It helps that Fort Worth is known as "Cowtown". I'm not quite out of the country yet. Perhaps it's the countriest (real word?) city in Texas. I like to think so anyways.

Don't burst my bubble.

I'm going to attempt to share with you exerts from my "cedar choppin'" childhood. As well as my ventures in big city "window shoppin'".

Get it?

Cedar Choppin' to Window Shoppin'... clever right?

Don't answer that.

Stay tuned... if you dare! Muahahaha!

Love,

The raving lunatic (ME)

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I cant wait! I love hearing about all of your adventures...present and past! Love you guys!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

So what kind of stay at home job did you get!? I have been searching for something ... for when we have kids one day, have a little extra money coming in!!

The Gossmanns said...

Ohmygosh.

You spent a long time on that blog title didn't you????? Heh heh heh!

I love it!!!

Fun post. Keep em coming. It's like looking through old pictures that fill in the blanks on your life. I love this kind of thing!