Saturday, January 3, 2009

Are they laughing at me?!

So for Christmas my Dad gave me money to get a manicure and pedicure.

Thanks Daddy!

I used to love getting to do this kind of stuff... I still do don't get me wrong. But sometimes I wonder, are these ladies laughing at ME?

This lady that gave me my mani and pedi was VERY nice. I asked her where she was from and she said South Korea. So I'm minding my own business reading a magazine, watching the Martha Stewart show on the flat screen when she suddenly starts laughing! They all spoke Korean of course so I couldn't understand anything of what she was saying to her friends. And then it occured to me...

Are they laughing at me?!

I mean gosh, are my feet weird, do they stink, is there something hilariously wrong with me that they would roll in laughter at the thought of me?!

Probably not... but I do wonder.

Then of course when it's time to pay I'm thinking to myself, "man I should've taken all this money and gone Goodwill Hunting,".

I can guarantee you that that thought would have never ever occured to me before I was married and had a child. Good thing is though, I still had $20 left over.

Guess what I did...

I got a "new" pair of pants and shirt AND paid my library fines.

What a day... phew.

What can I say I've turned into quite the frugal gal. And.... I like it :)

2 comments:

annie's mom said...

You know I always wondered the SAME THING!!! so i don't get a pedicure anymore.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yup, been there ... wondered that!! It has bugged me enough to stop going ... it's my one way to pamper myself!!