Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A little homesick



So of course I like to torture myself once in a while and roam through all of our old pictures on the computer... these got me! I miss everyone! I miss the familiararity of Kerrville, and know that on days when I don't have anything to do that I can go down the road to Verna's and spend the day on her awesome porch!

Don't get me wrong, i like it here. It's new and exciting and theres tons of stuff to do. But I miss our friends and family back home.

So I've "Ventured into the Unknown" do I like it? Well, I do and I don't. I like that I'm able to join a gym here that provides childcare, I love all the parks and family friendly stuff to do thats available, I like that we have Dustin and Jessica next door (thats been a HUGE blessing). I really like the area that we live in as well. And we've recently found a home church! It's awesome and we truly feel blessed to have found it.

I don't like not having a whole lot to do during the day. We wake up go to the gym come home. That about sums up mine and Adom's day for ya. We both look forward to 5:45 all day long, when Greg walks through the door. I miss knowing where everything is. It took me forever just to find a bank! I had to drive 30 minutes away for a walmart with an oil change station (there was one closer but it's really dirty). Oh and I miss HEB terribly! Don't ask me why I just DO!

So here is a list of things that I hope happen in the next few months...
1. I pray that we either sell or rent out our house in Kerrville!
2. That I make friends in the area.
3. Lose weight haha (had to throw that one in)
4. That I start the feel like this IS home.
5. Become involved in our new church ( i know this will help with everything on this list).

So to sum it all up I really do like it here. I mainly miss the people! I know the Lord has brought us here to bless us. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us here in the Fort Worth area! Please keep us in your prayers as we are all still adjusting to city life :) Oh by the way Greg really likes his job it is a tremendous blessing on our lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, are you trying to make me cry, too?!?!?!?!?!?! GEEZ LOUISE!!! We miss you and Greg soooo stinking much! Jeff and I were listening to a cd by Rick Pino, he's a worship leader with an incredibly anointed drummer, and we kept talking about how incredible of a drummer Greg is and how much we love you guys. (We were also plotting a way to get Greg fired and hired on somewhere here in Temple...Sadly, we haven't come up with any good strategies on that, but I'll keep you posted... :)

LOVE YA!

~kristi said...

This is just a season and the Lord is stretching you. What are you going to do with it?? We went to the church for 2 years before we ever got plugged in and I can honestly say it was the difference. We have more friends now and most are from the church. The key is you need to make the 1st step. Find some way to make a contact in whatever ministy you want to serve in, but take that 1st step. Once you take ownership in your church it will make all the difference. Also, take a step at the gym and introduce yourself to other moms you see on a regular basis with kids in Adom's class. The church was the big one for me b/c it opened SO MANY doors & you know people are pretty much in line with your beliefs if they attend same church. Venture into the unknown like you said & lay some new paths!