Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Goodbye Dear Friend

We are here today to bid farewell to a dear friend. He goes by many names; Paci, Binky, but there is one name that we don't know where it came from but it's what Adom has named him. MIMI. We've figured out that if Adom really likes something he'll give it it's own special name. For example, French Fries are "Dadas" , the piano at GiGi and PopPop's is "Weeano" and finally the pacifier is "Mimi".

As you can see this mimi has been there since the beginning. I swore before we had him that I would not give our child a pacifier, well after many sleepless nights I gave in as any sleep deprived new mother would. It has not been an easy week without mimi and I have to admit I have given in and given him his bestest friend when I couldn't take it any longer.

Mimi never spanked him or said a harsh word, mimi was always there for him when he didn't feel good. At this very moment my son is still asleep at 9:15 in the morning, which he NEVER does. I believe it is because we gave in last night and now he is relishing every moment he can with his mimi. Poor lil' guy cried for almost an hour :(

I know that it is inevitable that mimi will be gone soon. I most certainly don't want a teenager running around my house saying " Mom have you seen my car keys and my mimi?". Yikes!

But it is a sad day for me as well when we say goodbye to his friend. It's just one more "baby" thing that is drifting away. You moms out there know what I mean. The day when you realize your "baby" is actually a big boy now. Well I will go on saying what my parents have said all along and now I fully understand, "you will always be my baby".



No comments: